21 November 2007

It's the End of the World

When a cat person starts telling sickeningly endearing stories about her dog, it's a sign of the Apocalypse.

I realized that this morning as I found myself sharing a long, rather pointless story about Pansy with my boss -- who was *so* interested. Why? The dog got dirty, I gave her a bath, end of story.

OK, OK, I *did* talk about Pansy "sashaying" through the house like a little lady once she was all clean, and how she "sat pretty" on the sofa to show off her fluffy tail, and how she played leapfrog with the cats, and . . .

Oh, lord, please don't let me turn into a dog person!

My self-image may never recover.

1 comment:

Korean Celt said...

It's true. It's just so much easier to get into a dog's personality because they're hilarious. Like whenever I dress up Mookie in clothes, the second I take them off, she attacks them because she hates clothes. Ha, ha, ha. See? You just can't help but laugh.