26 June 2007

Another link, this one a bit more introspective

Or possibly "extrospective", if that's even a word, and I strongly suspect it's not. But it should be.

Anyway, I've been doing some research into Narcissistic Personality Disorder (more on that in a later post), and in the course of following references, came across this fun little personality test:

http://www.worldtrans.org/TP/TP2/TP2A-66.HTML

It's a symbol test -- you decide which of five symbols you like most, and which you like 2nd best. I suppose you could continue to rank them all the way down to "I hate this one more than anything in the world!", but the test doesn't really ask you to.

There are two basic styles of personality, according to this test, convergent and divergent. The convergent type are all about logic and order, working towards a specific goal. The divergent type is creative, intuitive, and extroverted. It may not come as a surprise to you that both the symbols I chose indicate I'm "divergent."

It might not be a surprise to you, but it was rather a surprise to me. Creative, yes, intuitive, maybe, but extroverted? In a pig's (superficial) eye I am! I love logic, and am pretty darn good with order & process, so shouldn't I have split the difference -- chosen one "divergent" symbol and one "convergent" symbol?

Like I'm naive enough to think single 5-item test could define personality . Now, Myers-Briggs . . .

2 comments:

Korean Celt said...

I picked the circle as first and the squiggle as second, which means I'm basically stalking you.

Tagh said...

And don't think I don't appreciate it!